Monday, September 5, 2011

NOTD: Julep - Cameron (and with OPI Servin’ Up Sparkle) (and Sept Julep Maven box)

Julep Cameron was an interesting polish, assuredly. It was a very pretty pink, that went on smooth, if a touch streaky. It was one of those that leveled fairly well as it dried though, and only took a second coat to pretty much get rid of the VNL. Not the best finish, but it was a rush job, so that probably had something to do with it. I am eager to try the other colors I have from this brand, see how they go. The part I liked least was the tall skinny bottle, since I almost knocked it over at least two times. If you’re on the clutzy side, you may want to make a stand out of an old pill bottle stuffed with marbles and cotton, to keep it weighed straight up and down. Or maybe have enough space to be able to twist your hand to hold onto it while you paint that hand?

But it was a nice color, wouldn’t you say? This is another pink I almost wish I could franken and tweak, as there is just something about it I don’t care for with my skin tone. It’s not too neon to be a hot pink, but it is a nice brightness that is wonderfully noticeable even in indoor lighting.



After the work weekend though, I had a great Ulta haul (though had to kick myself in the head for not realizing there was a 20% off coupon on the website... and used it for a second haul that week, mwahaha!), and got OPI Servin’ Up Sparkle. Pretty sparkling, yes! It was my best friend’s birthday this past week, so as we were going to go out to eat with her mom, I wanted a nice mani, but didn’t have time for a whole new one. Henceforth just added the lovely sparkle. And WOW. What a difference! It didn’t change the pink, but I didn’t feel it clashed so badly with my skin tone anymore, and I loved how festive it looked!



Received my September Julep Maven box, and liked how the colors of the ribbon and tissue paper changed. It’s a simple touch, but I thought it was neat.



This time I got a full tube of SPF 30 hand lotion, which I felt “meh” about. Very suncreen-smelly, and didn’t soften my hands too much. Kinda greasy as well. But it’d be good to carry in my purse I suppose, and use whenever I remember. Also a cuticle oil, with a rollerball dispenser (absolute LOVE). I like the results of my Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream a bit better, but this is much faster to apply, so also to be added to my purse, hahaha! Final item was a very lovely NP, Boris and Nicole. It’s like a gold color, with.... I dunno, maybe a bronze touch?



Soon to be worn, though I have that other Julep NP and the other lovely frankens by applevein to do as well, and so very many goodies on my latest haul too. Guess I’ll just have to pick a random one of all these with the “close eyes and grab from the untried box” method. Hmm, that reminds me, I still have to pick up a Melmer, as it were, from Michaels so I can start storing my NPs standing up instead of all just tossed in 2-3 open boxes. Also in a bit more organized fashion :3

No comments:

Post a Comment