Wednesday, August 17, 2011

NOTD: ORLY - Royal Velvet

My goodness this is such a pretty color! Or set of colors really, as on me it seems to be 80% blue with 20% purple. I didn't think it was a duochrome, as it seems to be kinds of light that pick up the colors, not the angle. But one of the MUA'ers told me it did look like it. I haven't gotten too good at figuring out my finishes, heh. Slight improvement at managing my gap, but I think I need to get a brush for cleanup (as in this tutorial), especially because my non-dominant hand looks much worse, heh.

The formula gave me problems though; I'm not sure if it needs some thinner or what, but I kept getting horrendous bubbles yesterday, as you can see this first pic in daylight with cloud cover:


This morning I think most of the bubbles were pressed down or sheared off, and then a nice top coat of ChG FFTC seemed to hide them completely. Happy sun is out today:


A gorgeous color I can't wait to wear to a work meeting tomorrow, since only the reds/pinks are allowed when I'm actually working. Can't wait to drive and stare at my nails since the sun's out today :]

No comments:

Post a Comment