Wednesday, August 10, 2011

NOTD(wknd): OPI DS Reserve

Two weeks ago, I just didn't think anything could cause me as much enjoyment as ChG Ahoy. I was wrong! Best friend visited her brother a few states away, and brought me back some DS's from different Ultas (how's that for an awesome pal?!). None were the holos, but she has great taste and got me some beautiful NPs! This was one of them:

Diffused sunlight through a window:


Fantastic in full sun:


Macro of above, so many microglitter bits that I just kept staring every so often, hahaha!


In the shade it was still beautiful:


I loved the shade of this pink, it seems toned down enough to be very professional, but the sparkling ability (especially in lower light conditions, which works great because I'm a night nurse) was stupendous! Went on easy with minimal coats, but halfway through a 4-night work week, I added another coat and topcoat to cover teeny chips, and on the fourth night one of the nails lost half it's coat in a peeling situation. Maybe not fault of the polish though, as that nail had sustained some injury and flaked off the top layer of the tip (not where the nailbed is, thank goodness!). Definitely a favorite polish! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment